SPENCER — The Spencer-Van Etten School Board this week accepted the resignation of Assistant High School Principal, and district athletic director, James Howey.
Howey is leaving the Spencer-Van Etten School District to take over as the assistant principal at Sayre Area High School.
Howey’s last day in the Spencer-Van Etten School District has not yet been announced.
“I would like to thank you for the past three years,” Howey said in his resignation letter. “It has been a remarkable place to work, learn and grow.”
In other business that was conducted at this week’s meeting, school board members:
• Voted to approve the fall sports recommendation form the steering committee. That recommendation is to continue with the following merged sports teams with Candor High School — football, boys soccer and girls soccer.
• Approved casting votes for Neil F. Bulkley, Mark Lemmon, Thomas Phillips and Matthew J. Maloney to serve on the Schuyler-Steuben-Chemung-Tioga-Allegany Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES) board of directors.
• Approved the district’s property tax report card for the 2019-2020 school year.
• Approved the appointment of Linda Roorda as election inspection, and Mildred Thornton, Edna Reynolds and Toni Sue Swayze as clerks for the district’s annual budget vote and board election on May 21.
• Approved the appropriation form the district’s unassigned fund balance in the amount of $365,500 to purchase three buses. The purchase of those buses was approved by district voters last month.
• Approved the appointment of Jennie Adriaansen as the district’s deputy treasurer.
The next meeting of the Spencer-Van Etten School Board will be held at 7 p.m. May 2 in the Spencer-Van Etten Middle School library. The public is invited to attend.