ULSTER TOWNSHIP — An Ulster man was arrested for allegedly assaulting members of the Pennsylvania State Police last week as troopers attempted to detain him for criminally trespassing.

Jeremy Joesph Wilkinson, 44, of Ulster was charged with two counts of aggravated assault, a second-degree felony; simple assault, a second-degree misdemeanor; resisting arrest, a second-degree misdemeanor; criminal trespass, a third-degree misdemeanor; harassment, a summary charge; and disorderly conduct, another summary charge.

According to the Pennsylvania State Police based in Towanda, troopers were dispatched to Ulster Township for a report of Wilkinson trespassing at an abandoned house. Wilkinson attempted to evade detection by “traversing through yards,” according to police.

Troopers then observed Wilkinson on a front porch and ordered him to step off the porch, to which Wilkinson did not. Two troopers escorted Wilkinson off the porch to the sidewalk. After being advised that Wilkinson was in investigative detention, Wilkinson attempted to walk away from the troopers.

Wilkinson became aggressive and took a fighting posture towards the troopers, stating “You’re not gonna handcuff me.”

Troopers attempted to handcuff him, succeeding in getting one handcuff on his right arm before Wilkinson attempted to punch one of the troopers in the face. Troopers managed to gain control of Wilkinson securing him in handcuffs.

“Wilkinson remained aggressive and continued to try and escape troopers. Wilkinson told the troopers multiple times that ‘they were (expletive) and he was going to kick their (expletive),’” the report states.

One of the troopers’ hand was injured during the struggle.

Wilkinson was arraigned and placed in the Bradford County Jail on in lieu of $75,000 straight bail. A preliminary hearing before Magisterial District Court Judge Todd Carr is scheduled for July 10.

Jen Rodriguez can be reached at (570) 888-9643 ext. 229 or jrodriguez@morning-times.com. Follow Jen on Twitter @JrodriguezMt. 

Load comments