TOWANDA — The Pennsylvania Attorney General recently wrapped up a pair of cases in Bradford County, including one involving an Athens Township man who holed himself up in his parent’s home and engaged in a 25-hour standoff with police last August.

William Paul Hudock, 20, pleaded guilty to three misdemeanors — possession of a firearm prohibited, unsworn falsification to authorities and possession of an offensive weapon — on March 7 before Judge Evan Williams III at the Bradford County Courthouse.

Hudock was sentenced on May 15 to an aggregate 4 to 12 months in jail, plus 18 months probation, a $400 fine, 40 hours of community service and mental health evaluation.

The standoff began after police were notified that Hudock had purchased a firearm — namely an Anderson AR-15 — on Aug. 3, even though an evaluation at Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital determined that Hudock was “severely mentally disabled and in need of treatment,” which would legally prevent him from owning a gun.

Hudock had been evaluated five days before purchasing the firearm from Elite Arms of Towanda, where he completed an ATF form and answered “no” on two questions — “Are you an unlawful user of, addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug or any other controlled substance?” and “Have you ever been adjudicated as a mental defective, or have every been committed to a mental institution?”

Police then tried to serve a mental health warrant on Hudock after they learned that he had made statements about killing a security guard along with purchasing the firearm and several thousand rounds of ammunition.

Hudock had refused to exit the premises and told police through phone conversations that “he had the AR-15 by his side to protect himself.”

The Pennsylvania State Police S.E.R.T. (Special Emergency Response Team) squad eventually responded to the scene and forced Hudock from the home using flash bangs and tear gas.

Another case that was recently wrapped up by the Attorney General’s office involved 37-year-old Michael Agnellino, who pled guilty to simple assault, a second-degree misdemeanor and terroristic threats, a first-degree misdemeanor on March 4.

On May 15, the Barton resident was sentenced to an aggregate of seven years probation, 100 hours of community service, and for drug and alcohol and mental health evaluations.

Police explained that Agnellino broke into the residence of an ex-girlfriend in October of last year where he allegedly destroyed several items and then left before the arrival of officers.

Officers were again dispatched to the residence after receiving a report that Agnellino had broken in and assaulted the victim, police said.

At this time, officers were able to take Agnellino into custody as he was still in the home, police said.

When taking Agnellino into custody, Agnellino cursed at the officers and later became disorderly while in the holding cell at the Sayre Police Department building, police said.

Agnellino also allegedly threatened the officers, stated that if they “didn’t have (their) badges on, then (they) would be done” and “if (they) went up to his neighborhood, then (they) would be dead,” police said.

Pat McDonald can be reached at (570) 888-9643 ext. 228 or Follow the Morning Times on Twitter @Morning_Times.

Load comments