WAVERLY — Waverly police have released the identity of the body of a man who was found in Waverly Glen Park last week.
The body of Thomas F. Bellows, 30, of Waverly was found following a search at the park on the afternoon of Nov. 10. Police added that no foul play is suspected, and investigators are awaiting autopsy results.
An obituary for Bellows appeared in the Morning Times last Saturday.
“Tom was born in Elmira, N.Y and attended Waverly High School, graduating in the Class of 2010. He worked at various places in the Valley as a machinist. He enjoyed building things and fishing,” the obituary read.
Village police were assisted in the search and recovery efforts by:
- Tioga County Search and Rescue
- New York State Park Police.
- New York State Police
- Waverly-Barton Fire District
- Greater Valley EMS out of Sayre
- Bradford County Emergency Services.
- Lockwood Fire Department
- Bradford County Drone Team
- Tioga County Coroner’s Office.